Joe married a woman named Bessy in 2013. On May 7, 2015, Joe and Bessy welcomed their first child, a daughter named Milana. He and Bessy recently added a son to their growing family: On August 1, 2017, Remington Joseph Gatto was born. In his earlier years, Joe worked at the emporium of James Glenn Delamark Beck the 2nd, but was fired for playing with a jockstrap.
- Joe is the only Joker who is married.
- Joe's father died in 1995 from pancreatic cancer due to alcohol poisoning. Joe does not drink as a result, making him the only Joker who doesn't drink.
- As of August 2017, Joe has done the least amount of Punishments at 41.
- He has been hit by a car.
- The Jokers view Joe as the hardest Joker to punish due to his ability to shamelessly perform shameful tasks.
- He was the last Joker to lose his virginity.
- Joe is an advocate for the 'Adopt, Don't Shop' movement, encouraging people to adopt pets from shelters rather than purchase them from breeders.
- He and Murr shared an apartment together when they were young.
- Joe actually left their comedy group, The Tenderloins, right before the Jokers were given their own show. He only came back once Q and Sal convinced him to re-join.
- Joe suffered a massive brain stroke. He has been pushing through for years. It's hard for him to talk about it.
- Look Out Below
- The Great Escape
- Field of Screams
- Nationals Disaster
- Bonus Footage
- Inside the Vault
- Boardwalk of Shame - Joe must put a woman's toe in his mouth
- Out of TP - Jose has to go into a bathroom at a restaurant, pull his pants down, sit on the toilet, open the door and ask for toilet paper so everybody can see him
- Bellydancer - Jose performs as a bellydancer
- Theater del Absurdo - Jose has to tell the audience in a theater that he has pooped his pants
- Supercuts - technically a tie where the Jokers had to give each other funny haircuts
- Strip High Five - Jose and Murr have to strip naked unless they get a stranger passing by to give them a high five and if they don't get a high five they have to remove a piece of clothing
- Do Something To My Face - Jose is forced into letting people do whatever they want to his face
- The Love Expert - Jose has to answer questions about relationships that the Jokers wrote
- The Alliance - Sal, Murr, and Jose all have to jump off a cliff unless they can answer questions about Q's life
- Enter the Dragons - Sal and Jose must pretend to be part of a fake band and open for Imagine Dragons at a live concert
- Dog Days of Bummer - Jose must take a dog for a walk while wearing crazy outfits until somebody tells him that he is cuter than the dog
- The Great Escape - Jose has to perform as a magician and escape a tank of water, chained in a straitjacket
- Nationals Disaster - Jose pretends to be a gymnast in a roomful of actual gymnasts and must, among other things, perform his "routine" in front of everyone
- Takes the Cake - Jose thinks he's going to pop out of a cake and perform for a bunch of bachelorettes, but it's not a group of bachelorettes. It is instead a group of war veterans
- Baggage Shame - Jose does a series of embarrassing tasks at an airport including stealing people's luggage and putting it back on the carousel, frisking people down, and announcing to strangers that he is picking up his naked blow-up doll
Season 4 Un-Cool and the Gang Jose lost and has to use flash cards with wacky questions and ask them to a group of bikers. The questions are written by the other guys and many refer to the bikers as a "gang", much to their anger. Eventually two of the bikers give him a wedgie. This is one of the few episodes with Jose showing some form of fear.