Joe is known as the Joker who’s usually the most eager to take on his challenges. The other Jokers have described him as the hardest to punish due to his shame-free attitude
Joe loves to eat and is frequently seen eating on the show. He explained his obsession with food to ScreenerTC: “My mother had an open-door policy,” he tells Zap2it. “She always had enough food a friend could stay for dinner. Absolutely my favorite memories are around the table. The meal is an event.”
He’s not above stealing food, either. “If we’re at a bakery I’ll just grab something,” he told Looper.
In his earlier years, Joe worked at the emporium of James Glenn Delamark Beck the 2nd, but was fired for playing with a jockstrap. Joe's father died in 1995 from pancreatic cancer due to alcohol poisoning. Joe does not drink as a result, making him and Murr the only Jokers who don't drink.
Joe married a woman named Bessy in 2013. They have two children together: a daughter Milana (born May 7, 2015), and a son Remington "Remo" Joseph (born August 1, 2017). Following his marriage, the other Jokers now use Joe's status as a married man against him in the show during challenges, including bringing his wife to a challenge.
For much of the show, Joe being overweight (particularly his beer gut) was often a point of ridicule among the other Jokers. As Joe has lost weight, these jokes have mostly ceased.
- Joe is the only Joker who is married.
- He is also the only Joker that is a father.
- As of August 2017, Joe has done the least amount of Punishments at 41.
- He has been hit by a car.
- The Jokers view Joe as the hardest Joker to punish due to his ability to shamelessly perform shameful tasks.
- He was the last Joker to lose his virginity.
- Joe is an advocate for the 'Adopt, Don't Shop' movement, encouraging people to adopt pets from shelters rather than purchase them from breeders.
- He and Murr shared an apartment together when they were young.
- Joe actually left their comedy group, The Tenderloins, right before the Jokers were given their own show. He only came back once Q and Sal convinced him to re-join.
- Joe loves British singer Charli XCX, name-dropping her hit song "Boom Clap" as one of his top picks.
- Boardwalk of Shame - Joe must put a woman's toe in his mouth
- Out of TP- Joe has to go into a bathroom at a restaurant, pull his pants down, sit on the toilet, open the door and ask for toilet paper where everybody can see him
- Bellydancer - Joe performs as a bellydancer
- Theater del Absurdo - Joe has to tell the audience in a theater that he has pooped his pants
- Supercuts - technically a tie where the Jokers had to give each other funny haircuts
- Strip High Five - Joe and Murr have to strip naked unless they get a stranger passing by to give them a high five and if they don't get a high five they have to remove a piece of clothing
- Do Something To My Face - Joe is forced into letting people do whatever they want to his face
- The Love Expert - Joe has to answer questions about relationships that the Jokers wrote
- The Alliance - Sal, Murr, and Joe all have to jump off a cliff unless they can answer questions about Q's life
- Enter the Dragons - Sal and Joe must pretend to be part of a fake band and open for Imagine Dragons at a live concert
- Dog Days of Bummer - Joe must take a dog for a walk while wearing crazy outfits until somebody tells him that he is cuter than the dog
- The Great Escape - Joe has to perform as a magician and escape a tank of water, chained in a straitjacket
- Nationals Disaster - Joe pretends to be a gymnast in a roomful of actual gymnasts and must, among other things, perform his "routine" in front of everyone
- Takes the Cake - Joe thinks he's going to pop out of a cake and perform for a bunch of bachelorettes, but it's not a group of bachelorettes. It is instead a group of war veterans
- Baggage Shame - Joe does a series of embarrassing tasks at an airport including stealing people's luggage and putting it back on the carousel, frisking people down, and announcing to strangers that he is picking up his naked blow-up doll
- Uncool and the Gang: Joe lost and has to use flash cards with wacky questions and ask them to a group of bikers. The questions are written by the other guys and many refer to the bikers as a "gang", much to their anger. Eventually two of the bikers give him a wedgie. This is one of the few episodes with Jose showing some form of fear.
- Pseudo-Sumo: For Joe's punishment he has to wear a baby costume and is mislead that he must perform in a baby commercial although his real punishment is revealed to be fighting the 2009 US Champion sumo wrestler, Ulambayar Byambajav (referred to as Byamba). This punishment is similar to the that of the episode The Lost Boy.
- Cruisin' For A Brusin': Joe must interrupt a cannon balling competition, and must repeatedly belly-flop into the pool, until the others allow him to stop.